Freitag, 20. Januar 2012

Back to Samui, Thailand Update no3

Been some days until my last update and I got some spare time so here some new details. Life is good atm and besides deciding which hands to get in preflop and which not my other main decisions are to which restaurants I'm going and if I spent my time in teh sun at the pool, the beach or in front of my lovely villa.
But let's start a little earlier. After my time in Khao Lak I went with Alex to Krabi for the weekend there. Not too much to say here. Krabi is a pretty small town with a pretty overrated Ao Nang beach. They telling it is one of the nicest beaches in Thailand but the beach is literally 3m wide and dirty as fuck. We arrived saturday noonish and after some decent lunch at the tourist mile we decided to do a last ALL IN night while we both are in Thailand. We were staying in some meh 4star resort but in the end it was cheap and it was only for 2 nights so I guess it was ok. Night out was kinda funny though. In Krabi they have no clubs but a shitload of Bars and Beerbars (or as I call them: Hobbyhookerbars) so your only option is to get shitfaced in one of those and see where the night is taking you. After finishing up Alex minibar we got us a tuck tuck and headed towards the city for 1Euro charge. When we got there some Thai PRs got us into a bar with no protitute where we started what we do best - drinking. Alex went for his usual Vodka Absolut + 2 Breezer bucket and I sticked to double Vodka Soda with lime.

From now on the night went pretty fast. Alex memory went on holiday after the next bar and mine maybe 2 hours later. I'm getting the cheque for this the next day when I'm not able to leave bed and eat food until an hour b4 midnight.
On monday our ways spilt while he is heading to Phuket and back home the next day and me heading to Samui again. Main reason for this was bc I knew some german pokerplayers living in a villa here and wanted to give them a visit. Arrived there in the afternoon and things are kinda messed up bc they don't have a physical adress and living on a mountain close to chaweng so one of the guys has to come with his scooter in order to pick me up and guide the taxi with my lugage. Next 2 days I spent with these 5 guys in their villa on the mountain but there was only one spare room left with an airmatress and it was a massive hassle to get food (hard to get food delivered when u don't have an adress) so I decided I'm doing better if I buy me in one of the resorts down at the shore again. Thankfully I had my best night at work the night before I booked so my last 5 days were already more than paid for which was a good feeling. I always wanted to check out a Nikki Beach resort and since there is one in Samui I decided to roll with it:

I'm paying like 150Euro a day now which is quite alrightt for what they give you. Probably the best resort I've stayed in so far (even I have to admit I haven't seen much because I was not too much travelling until now). They have like 15 supermodern villas very close to the beach, the best internet I had so far during my trip and a sick pool area with a massive soundsystem where you can listen to house tunes all day long. While that might be not something for everybody it is definitely something for me. I'm definitely a big fan of Nikki Beach after my stay and can't wait to check out another one (even though alot of the stuff here is very pricey especially for Thailand, I feel very good here and in the end I think that is what counts.)
So I arrived here on wednesday and after finding out that a couple I know back from my days in Mannheim, Germany was staying very close to me we decided to spent the night out together. Was defnitely very nice to catch up with the guys who I prolly haven't seen during the 1.5 years or something like this. Still it was kinda mindblowing how less busy the nightlife district already was compared to the time around NYE when I was here with Adrian and Alex.


The next day was somehow ok for some reason compared to my usual hangovers to that I was able to get out of bed at 1, having some lunch at the beach and visiting the gym later. Yesterday and today I did not do much besides playing cards, eating, working out, beaching and sleeping and I hope that continues this way until monday when I leave bc some recovery time is definitely a nice thing after all the parties during the last 3 weeks.

Part of my good mood is definitely due to the fact that I'm running and playing pretty decent atm. So I found myself up around 7.500$ (incl. rakeback) after 50k hands and basically already played back all the money I spent here and even a bit moar... Especially NL600 likes me atm so that I'm getting the best seats there and winning the big pots which is highly appreciated. I should not forget to mention that I'm up a decent chunk of money EV-wise (as usual).


Since this is probably my last Thailand post here some thoughts about it. I definitely would recommend everybody to have a look at it and travel around for a bit. It is definitely a very nice country with amazing food and very friendly inhabitants. I was a little bit shocked though about the general english skills in such a touristic country. Now at Nikki Beach I'm in the first resort here where you can actually really have a conversation with the guys at the reception and the front desk. I mean, tbh I would expect that from every 4stars resort here ffs. There are some nice parties here but things get boring pretty quickly from what I've seen. Male/female ratio is not really working in males favour and for money you can litereally have sex with any thai girl here (there might be exceptions, no offence here) but the amount of hookers you see here everywhere (bars, clubs, streets, massage salons, whore houses, etc.) makes St. Pauli look like a village. Furthermore even though Thailand is still cheap it is buy far not as cheap as I thought it would be or as if you would think it is. Ofc you can eat for 50cents if you go to some tiny village in the middle of nowhere but if you are in some sort of semitouristic place you will still pay 8-10Euros for your meal. All in all it was definitly interesting to be here but for now I could not really imagine to live here for a long period - maybe 3 months but that's about the max I would do.

best regards from Nikki Beach, Samui




1 Kommentar:

  1. I haven’t checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist to get tips for putting Koh Samui villa for sale. You deserve it my friend
    http://markiproperty.com/

    AntwortenLöschen